Cristiano Ronaldo News

Monday, January 01, 2007

Sir Alex: Ron will win bet

30/12/2006 17:53, Report by Ben Hibbs



Sir Alex Ferguson fears he will lose his annual bet with Cristiano Ronaldo and admits he might have to change the terms to keep hold of his money.

The United boss has set Ronaldo a goals target in each of the last two seasons and put a wager on him reaching.

Twice now Sir Alex has won the bet. But the 21-year-old winger – now on 12 for the season - needs just three more goals to reach his 15-goal target.

Ronaldo was in sensational form again as he inspired the Reds to a 3-2 win over Reading at Old Trafford, scoring his sixth goal in three games over the Christmas period.

“I think I’m going to lose my money,” Sir Alex told MUTV. “But, it’s a Scottish bet, so if he does get to 15 then I’ll change it. I’m allowed to do that because I’m the manager!

“I’m pleased for him because he works hard at his game. He’s still learning the game. His ability to pass the ball has helped him this season. His passing has been very good.

“That just shows he is maturing. He’s been fantastic, and he’s getting better all the time.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home