Cristiano Ronaldo News

Monday, October 23, 2006

Ronaldo's a changed player

By Andrew Scurr - Created on 22 Oct 2006

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo believes he returned from this summer's World Cup a changed player.


The Portuguese ace is known for his extensive bag of tricks which includes step-overs and back-heels that dazzle opposition defenders.

However, Ronaldo says he is more cautious as to when to unleash his skills on the opposition and feels he has become a better player because of it.

The 21-year-old believes he is in the best form of his career because of the change of approach.

"I am learning all the time when to do my tricks and when to play it simple," Ronaldo told the News of the World.

"The World Cup was an important lesson for me, I learned a lot in Germany.

"Now I try to do the right thing every match, sometimes giving the ball, sometimes not.

"I feel I am playing very well, possibly the best I have ever played.

"I am enjoying my football. I'm not 100 percent fit at the moment but I had a brief rest and feel I am flying.

"I feel confident and know my form is very good. Maybe I was not so good in the win over Copenhagen but I am playing well."


Ronaldo could have quit United in the summer after a string of abuse was aimed at him following England's exit in Germany.

Real Madrid was strongly tipped to be Ronaldo's next destination but he is delighted he decided to remain at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo said: "I am glad I came back to Manchester after the World Cup, everything here is good and I am very happy.

"I want to play, this is my life, I love football and I want to play with a smile on my face.


"The supporters have been wonderful to me, that is why I pump my heart to say to the fans they are here, inside me.

"I want to thank them in a clear way for all the support they gave me. It is a way to say I am Manchester heart and soul.

"The booing is a phenomenon that's going to be to happen every time we play away but I'm calm.

"I concentrate hard in the game and the moment the whistling starts I try to just think about the game. Of course I hear it, I'm not deaf!"


credit: www.skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home