Cristiano Ronaldo News

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ronaldo In Tribute Song To Dad

Cristiano along with his brother Hugo and sister Elma will be writing a song about their father Dinis and his passing. The song will be sung by his sister Katia and released in the UK.
He's such a sweet guy!

Here's the full article
Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo seems to have a sensitive side after all. The Manchester United player, who was England's public enemy No 1 over the summer, is said to be writing a tribute song about his father who died last year. Ronaldo, 21, made headlines during the World Cup when he got England's Wayne Rooney sent-off in the quarter-finals and then winked at his own team-mates.

The player, who will be penning the song with the help of his brother Hugo and sister Elma, dedicated a goal to their dad Dinis Aveiro, 51, during the tournament.

The record, which could make it into the UK charts, will be sung by his other sister Katia, who performs under the name Ronalda.

She has already released two albums in her native Portugal.

Speaking about his father passing away, Ronaldo said: "The death of my father influenced everything. "I knew the pain would pass and that the most important thing was for me to continue with my work."

Dinis died hours before Ronaldo played a World Cup qualifier against Russia.

Katia, 27, told The Sun: "I have to prove I can sing and that I'm not just Ronaldo's sister. The public adore me for myself, not because of my brother."

credit: www.yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home