Cristiano Ronaldo News

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ronaldo ready for Valley jeers

22/08/2006 15:03, Report by Steve Bartram


Cristiano Ronaldo expects a fiery reception when United travel to face Charlton on Wednesday night.

At home to Fulham, the Portuguese winger endured a muted sample of the abuse he can expect from opposing fans this term after England's World Cup exit.

And Ronaldo is well aware that he will come in for far rougher rides at away games, starting with United's midweek trip to The Valley.
He told The Sun: "The away games are going to be more complicated but I'm staying calm."

Ronaldo has been a target for opposing fans throughout his United career, and he plans to cope with any increased abuse by simply concentrating on his football.

"In the home game (against Fulham) everything went well, it was relaxed, easy," he said.

"But I do know the next game will be a lot more complicated as it's the first away one. I'll try to put it out of my mind and do my best."
Team-mate John O'Shea, meanwhile, has backed Ronaldo to use the terrace taunts as inspiration.

"I think he is up to the test," he said. "I think he will thrive on it. I have no fears about him whatsoever.

"It has always been the case, some players have been targeted after certain things. It seems to spur them on. The more they boo him, the better it will be for us.

"Soon enough, people will realise it will be better to leave him alone, then, I am sure it will die off."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home