Cristiano Ronaldo News

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ronaldo in seventh heaven

 
Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed to become the best player in the world after claiming he has already surpassed Manchester United legend Eric Cantona.

Ronaldo is the latest in a long line of talented No 7s at Old Trafford.

George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham have all worn the shirt with distinction down the years.

Ronaldo is in no doubt he belongs in such illustrious company, and believes he can even top the list.

"My dream is to win the Ballon d'Or and I am working to be the best player in the world," Ronaldo told the News of the World.

"Since I was a kid I have been trying to become the best winger in the world and now I want to go a step farther.

"There is still some way to go but the challenge is there and I am trying. I hope the moment arrives soon.

"After me the best No 7 that I have seen was Eric Cantona. But I am still only 21 and I want to surpass everything I have achieved so far."

Ronaldo also rounded on his critics, branding them jealous after they sharpened their knives following the controversial penalty incident at Middlesbrough.

"The incident against Boro has caused many comments, but it was a valid penalty. I do not dive," added Ronaldo.

"Nor do I search for controversy. But I am a person accustomed to the critics and they are not a problem for me.

"Perhaps the critics are jealous. I do not think I have to change. I am the same person that arrived in England hungry for success."

Meanwhile, United target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has revealed he dreams of becoming the next Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"I know certain English clubs are following me like Manchester United and Newcastle. They are both very interested in me," said Huntelaar.

"I love clubs with great history like Ajax. I also love United. It's a club that makes me dream, especially since Ruud van Nistelrooy has played there and did great things for them.

"It could be a source of inspiration as to how I continue my career. I follow the careers of van Nistelrooy and Dirk Kuyt, who play for massive foreign clubs, and they're role models for a young player like me." Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home