Cristiano Ronaldo News

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ronny: Fans helped me



Crisitano Ronaldo has thanked Reds supporters for sticking by him this season when opposition fans chose to boo his every touch.

In truth, the 21-year-old winger has silenced the detractors himself - there is little comeback for critical fans when his skill and goals prove so devastating.

But Ronaldo says United's faithful have made it easier for him to cope with the boos inspired by England supporters' frustration at their early World exit at the hands of Ronny's Portugal.

"The fans have helped me so much," he was quoted as saying. "When I arrived back after the World Cup – it was a bit difficult for me. But I think the supporters have helped me, and I’m very appreciative to the club, and my team-mates. Manchester, the club, has helped me so much."

The boos have subsided and now Ronaldo is looking forward to continue improving as an individual and achieve success with the Reds.

"It's in the past," he said. "Now I think about the present, and I think the present is good. I want to keep going. The team is playing very well, I’m playing well, and this is why I’m very good here. I'm happy with my form, I try to do a good job. Every season I try to improve myself. I learn every season, and I’m very happy to do a great job for the club."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home