Cristiano Ronaldo News

Monday, November 20, 2006

Ronaldo: We can win title

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 19 Nov 2006

Cristiano Ronaldo says Manchester United have the belief to win both The Premiership and UEFA Champions League this season.

After failing to challenge for the domestic title in recent campaigns, United are sitting top of the table ahead of champions Chelsea.

And, after finishing bottom of their Champions League group 12 months ago, The Red Devils are in a position to qualify as section winners this term.

Portuguese winger Ronaldo puts the turnaround down to a change in belief and now feels the club are playing superior football to Chelsea.

"I believe it is possible to win all the big competitions and, no, this is not madness," Ronaldo told the News of the World.

"If you analyse the performances of our team today we are getting all the best results and that's what all the experts in the game are saying.

"This season United have recaptured the spirit that made us champions over the years.

"I look at the matches of our rivals in The Premiership and nobody is superior to Manchester United. Not even Chelsea, for all their fame and the success in the last few years.

"I am convinced it is possible for us to win The Premiership and Champions League if we stick to the same mentality.

"Now we believe that we will be champions, while last season we played only for second place. This is the great difference."

Ronaldo also revealed Sir Alex Ferguson persuaded him to stay at Old Trafford in the summer, after he became a target for fans for his role in England's World Cup exit.

He added: "As for me, the key is Sir Alex Ferguson. He always helps with his advice and I am grateful to him.

"He was the reason I stayed with United after the summer. I'm glad I did. I want United to be champions again and I will give 100 percent to make it happen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home