Cristiano Ronaldo News

Monday, September 25, 2006

Ronaldo makes United vow

25/09/2006 06:43, Report by Ben Hibbs



Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he did consider leaving in the summer, but says he is pleased he decided to remain at Old Trafford and wants to become one of the club's greatest ever players.

The 21-year-old winger scored for the Reds in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Reading, continuing what has been an impressive start to the campaign.

There was concern over his United future after the World Cup when he was quoted as saying he wanted to leave. Real Madrid was touted as his likeliest destination. Ronaldo has admitted those comments were said in the heat of the moment following criticism after Wayne Rooney's sending off for England against Portugal.

"It's true I said after the World Cup I might have to leave," he told the Sunday Mirror. "But I spoke to my agent and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and I took a calm decision and decided to stay. I really think it is the best decision but when we are hot-headed sometimes we say things we don't mean."

The Portuguese international has refused to be drawn into saying how long he will spend at the club, but his aim in the time he will spend in Manchester is clear.

"Whether I will be here for another two, three, five or 10 years or until the end of my career I don't know. What is important is that things turned out well. I'm at Manchester and I feel very good. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world. And I want to leave my mark on the club and for the fans to say I was one of the club's great players."



credit: manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home